Our Transportation Future Coalition Sends Supportive Letter to Transportation and Climate Initiative Governors
On July 29th, 2019 Our Transportation Future (OTF) sent a letter of support to the Transportation and Climate Initiative (TCI) Governors, with 59 members of OTF signing on. Read our letter here.
OTF's priorities for a regional TCI policy include an agreement that the participating states will:
- Promote more equitable outcomes, particularly for populations and communities that have been disproportionately impacted by air pollution and those with inadequate access to transportation and mobility.
- Reduce vehicle pollution that contributes to unhealthy air quality and climate change;
- Leverage transportation networks to create new economic opportunity for people, businesses, and communities;
- Establish new -- and enhance existing -- sources of funding to accelerate investments in bikeways, pedestrian walkways, electric vehicle infrastructure, and improved public transit, including intercity rail; and
- Foster policies that support sustainable, affordable, transit-oriented development and other land use decisions that reduce vehicle miles traveled."
Click here to read the full letter!