Our Transportation Future Coalition Sends Supportive Letter to Transportation and Climate Initiative Governors
Read Pennsylvania Governor Wolf's response to the letter here!
On July 29th, 2019 Our Transportation Future (OTF) sent a letter of support to the Transportation and Climate Initiative (TCI) Governors, with 59 members of OTF signing on. Read our letter here.
OTF's priorities for a regional TCI policy include an agreement that the participating states will:
- Promote more equitable outcomes, particularly for populations and communities that have been disproportionately impacted by air pollution and those with inadequate access to transportation and mobility.
- Reduce vehicle pollution that contributes to unhealthy air quality and climate change;
- Leverage transportation networks to create new economic opportunity for people, businesses, and communities;
- Establish new -- and enhance existing -- sources of funding to accelerate investments in bikeways, pedestrian walkways, electric vehicle infrastructure, and improved public transit, including intercity rail; and
- Foster policies that support sustainable, affordable, transit-oriented development and other land use decisions that reduce vehicle miles traveled."
Click here to read the full letter!
Click here to read Governor Wolf's response to the letter!